Australia Student Visa Subclass 500 has been designed for those students who desire to study in Australia to pursue their education for more than 3 months. Students can study in Australia for full time study course in any of the designated institution of Australia. Once you get Australia subclass 500, you can stay there for five years. Australia has created many opportunities for students who wish to enroll in their educational institution. Student is also required to follow some key requirements before applying for Student Visa Australia.
Student visa 500 checklist
Basic documents requirements before you go for 500 Visa Australia
Student Applicants need to fulfill some minimum student visa requirements like documents, health checkups, language proficiency, and financial resources etc.
First you have to complete student visa online application form 157A, together with mandatory application charge.
- Before applying for student visa, student must hold a Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) stating that the student has been registered in particular course of study. Or Letter of support from Department of foreign affairs or an Acceptance Advice of Secondary Exchange Student Form. Also, postgraduate students are required to remain in Australia for the marking of their written statement for university degree.
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) is required to assess the student visa applicant intent for temporary stay in Australia by taking into consideration some personal benchmarks like student immigration history and other determining factors that the student is interested living in Australia.
- If the student is under 18, he/she is needed to provide welfare arrangements while living in Australia for a temporary period.
- Appropriate evidences of English language proficiency should be provided with student visa application. Evidences of the same may not be applicable to some categories like one who is a citizen of UK, US, Canada, NZ, OR Republic of Ireland or completed a five year study from these countries and many more.
- Student visa applicants is also required to maintain proofs of financial resources to support living expenses, travel expenses and other miscellaneous expenses while residing in Australia. Apart from above evidences, students can also provide evidences meeting annual income requirement or a letter of support from Department of foreign affairs and trade etc.
- Student visa applicants must have health insurance and also required to underwent medical tests before entering in Australia
- Possess a good character by answering all the questions mentioned in the visa application form.
- Family can also join the student applicant by making joint application or can join later provided on student application.
Student visa Australia Cost
The basic cost of Student visa Australia is AUD 620. Student applicant may have to submit extra amount depending upon the category they belong like above 18 or below 18. Students have to incur cost like police certification, health assessment and other documents cost for lodging student visa application.
Student Visa Australia Subclass 500 Processing time
Student visa application processing time can vary according to the stream or sector for which the student visa has been applied. The usual time statistics is determined between 9 days to 4 months based on type of sector.
500 visa categories
The Student Visa Subclass 500 is segregated into following streams or programs:
- Schools (primary and secondary)
- Secondary school exchange program
- Postgraduate research
- Non-award courses
- International Students sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Defense.
- Higher Education Sector
- Independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students)
- Vocational Education and Training (VET)
Students can apply to any of the above mentioned category, whichever is suitable for obtaining student visa.
What Student Visa Subclass 500 will offer you?
This Student Visa Subclass 500 enables you to study CRICOS full time registered course and also provides living to your eligible family members. Applicants also have the option to extend their visa if they wish to continue living in Australia. The condition is that you should not have “No Further” stay condition (8534 or 8535) in your student visa.