Australia Investor Retirement Visa Subclass 405 provides an opportunity to the self-funded retirees to reside in Australia during their retirement
years. This is a temporary visa program allows retirees to live and work in Australia. Retires who have no dependents (except partner) are eligible
to apply for this visa. This Australia 405 visa program is for people who are above 55 years, have no dependants and are
Note: This visa is closed to new applications.
Investor Retirement Visa Subclass 405 requirements
- You must be 55 years of age or above.
- You or your partner should not have any accompanying dependent children or family members.
- You need to be sponsored by Australian state or territory Government (except Australian Capital Territory).
- You should clear all the outstanding debts to an Australian Government (if any) before filing the visa application.
- You should meet all the health and character requirements.
- You or your partner (or combined) must have done an investment of at least AUD 750,000 in the state or territory where you have been sponsored.
- You or your partner (or combined) must have the minimum income of AUD 650 000 per year.
- If you wish to reside in Regional Australia, then you must have the minimum income of AUD 50000 per year.
- you or your partner (or combined) should have assets of atleast of AUD 750,000. (the assets should be legally owned by you( or your partner )and should be transferable to Australia).
The Cost of subclass 405 visa: AUD 365
You may have to pay additional charges for health exam, character certificate or other important documents.
- Health exam- you have to submit health proof stating that you are completely fit and not a threat to the public. It lasts for twelve months.
- Police clearance certificate: you have to submit your past proof from the nation(s) where you have resided in from last 12 months.
- Other documents: If your documents are not available in the English Language then, you need to get it translate in the English language from the accessing authority.
Investor Retirement Visa Subclass 405 processing time
The 405 visa Program is currently unavailable due to fewer applications. (Last updated: 18th July 2018)
Benefits of Investor Retirement Visa Subclass 405
- You can work in Australia for at least 40 hours per fortnight on this Investor visa category.
- you must be the holder of health insurance package while your stay in Australia.
- You must have finance nominated investment.