Australia Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 allows the skilled workers who have a nomination from state/territory government, to live and work in Australia permanently. Subclass 190 visa allows you to sponsor your family members for the permanent residency. In this page, we will discuss eligibility criteria, procedure, processing time, condition, benefits, cost of this visa.
Like Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189 , it is a point-based visa, where the eligibility of an applicant is examined on the basis of human and skills credentials. Without state nomination, you are not eligible to apply for subclass 190 visa. Though, you need to live and work in your nominating state for the first two years, which is a condition of this visa program to get permanent residency status in this nation.
What are the benefits of Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190 visa
After getting access to the visa , the candidates get a plethora of benefits:
- You get the right to live and work in the nation for an indefinite period.
- Access to choose study programs, like general training or higher studies, during your stay in the nation – you are free to study in Australia.
- You can also include your family members and sponsor them for permanent residency.
- After residing in the nation for a specific time, you can apply for citizenship, provided they’ve to meet the eligibility requirements.
- Get the freedom to travel in and out of Australia numerous times till the time your visa is valid.
- You can register yourself in Medicare, Australia’s program for health care and medical facilities. Under this program, you may enjoy healthcare benefits.
Eligibility criteria of Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
Candiadtes with Australian state/territory nomination can apply for this visa program to get permanent residency. Before filing the visa application, you have to meet up its eligibility criteria. Here, are the points which need to be fulfilled:
- Applicant should be 45 years or less, at the time of lodging the application, and at the time of invitation. If an applicant turns 45, after submitting an EOI but before receiving an ITA, would not be invited to apply.
- Applicant has to score 65 points on the Australian Points Calculator to be eligible. Points are given to the candidates on the factors like age, qualification, work experience, language proficiency etc.
- You should have a nomination from the Australian state/territory government for this visa.
- Applicants from non-English speaking nations, have to appear for English language exams like IELTS, PTE etc, in order to show their language skills.
- You are ineligible to apply for this visa if you’ve had a visa canceled or refused while staying in the country
Conditions need to be fulfilled by applicants while staying on this visa in Australia:
- You have to reside and work in your nominating state at least for two years.
- Australian State/territory authorities should be aware of the changes in your address and living location.
- You have to be through the surveys as well as provide the full information, whenever the higher authorities ask you to, do so.
Nomination by a State/Territory Government
Each Australian state has its own occupation list depending on its requirement; therefore, candidates can choose the occupation from the occupation list of the respected states, where they wish to apply:
- Victoria Occupation List
- Western Australia Occupation List
- South Australia Occupation List
- Northern Territory Occupation List
- Tasmania Occupation List
- New South Wales Occupation List
- Queensland Occupation List
- ACT Occupation List
Process to apply for Skilled Nominated Visa Subclass 190
Candidates must submit the required documents with the visa application, to avoid delay in the processing time. You have to follow the below-given procedure to avoid rejection:
- You need to make sure that your occupation is available on the Australia Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
- You have to complete skills assessment of the nominated occupation with the approved Government body. Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) will see whether you are capable of doing your chosen occupation in Australia.
- The next step would be to meet the eligibility requirements mentioned above.
- Applicant has to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) in a Skill Select program. Skill Select is an online program operated by the Australian Immigration Department to evaluate the eligibility of the candidate on the basis of factors like Age, qualification, work experience, language proficiency etc.
- You also have to apply for state or territory government nomination. If your profile gets selected by the Immigration Authority, you receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Once you receive an ITA, you can lodge a visa application within 60 days.
The processing time of Australia Subclass 190 may vary. however, for 75% of applications the processing time is 10 months and for 90% of the application, it is 15 months. The applicants should submit all their documents on time in order to avoid deferment.
As per the latest changes, the cost for the main applicant is AUD 4,045. For the additional applicants (more than 18 years of age)- the cost is AUD 2,020 and for the child less than 18 years of age the cost is AUD 1,015. Applicants may have to pay other costs – health assessment cost, character certificate cost or other additional costs.